- Pre-made phylo dough
- Apples – 3 sliced
- 1 T butter
- ¾ c brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 T cornstarch + 1 ½ t water
- 1 t Cinnamon
- Dash Nutmeg
- 1 egg + 1 tsp water – brush on top
- Sugar to top
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a pan preheated to medium heat, add sliced apples, butter and sugars. Stir while the butter melts.
- When the mixture is bubbling, add in the vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Turn heat down to low and allow the apples to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk 1 tsp of water with one egg. Set aside.
- Remove apples from heat.
- Roll out phylo dough and cut into squares. Scoop one full scoop of apples (about ½ cup) onto the dough. Fold dough over top and pinch or use a fork to press and seal the edges.
- Brush the tops with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes.