Ratatouille with Fresh Fall Veggies
- 1 green and 1 yellow summer squash
- 1 large Japanese eggplant or small standard eggplant
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 3 teaspoons Fresh thyme, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- ½ -1 cup shredded parmesan cheese ( depending on how cheesy you like it)
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Very thinly slice all of the vegetables.
- In a round baking dish, add 1 cup of tomato sauce and a small amount of olive oil to cover the bottom. Top with the garlic, 2 teaspoons of thyme and the onion.
- Working around the dish, layer the summer squash, eggplant and bell pepper. You can do one or two layers of the vegetables.
- Top with the remaining teaspoon of thyme and the remaining ½ cup of sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top the ratatouille with the parmesan cheese and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with pasta, rice or your favorite grain.