Juicy Lucy with Caramelized Onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces aged cheddar cheese
- Burger buns
- Caramelize onions: Melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until it begins to turn translucent. Reduce heat to low and stir occasionally until onions turn golden and caramelize.
- Combine beef, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- Cut cheese into small squares.
- Divide beef mixture into three or four sections. Form each section into a disk and flatten it out. Place a few cheese slices in the center and fold meat over the top so the beef completely covers the cheese. Lightly season the patties with salt.
- Heat pan to medium high. Spray pan and then cook burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove burgers and allow them to sit for a few minutes (so the cheese doesn’t burn your mouth).
- Toast buns on pan where the burgers cooked. Place them cut side down for 30-60 seconds.
- Serve burgers topped with caramelized onions.