- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 7 or 8 chicken thighs (depends on your skillet size)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- green onions, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced (for garnish only)
- In a small bowl combine lime juice, honey, soy sauce.
- Salt the chicken thighs with 1/2 teaspoon of salt (or more) thoroughly, all over, including under the skin.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs, skin side down, and cook for about 5 minutes until the chicken skin side gets nicely browned (make sure to get really nice brown, not just pale brown - it makes a difference in presentation).
- Turn chicken, so that skins sides are up and add lime-honey mixture to the skillet. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 14 to 18 minutes longer or until done (chicken should register 180 degrees F on instant thermometer). While cooking, covered, chicken thighs will release their own juices, as well.
- Transfer chicken to plates. Drizzle chicken with pan juices. Top with chopped green onions and serve with lime slices.