- 7 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 15 oz part-skim ricotta
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz part-skin mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 cups of your favorite sauce
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, add lasagna noodles and cook for time indicated on package. Drain the pasta, rinse and transfer to a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, parsley, an egg and Parmesan cheese. Stir well.
- Ladle about 1 cup of homemade tomato sauce in a baking dish and spread it well.
- Start assembling your lasagna roll ups by placing of wax paper, aluminum foil or a clean cutting board on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture first and 2 tablespoon of the homemade tomato sauce over each individual lasagna noodle. Then, sprinkle some mozzarella cheese.
- Carefully roll up and place seam side down in rows in the baking dish.
- After that, use remaining tomato sauce to top the lasagna rolls. Sprinkle Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered with foil for approximately 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 15-20 minutes more until cheese is melted.