- 6 TBSP cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 cups flour
- 1 T baking powder
- ¼ c sugar
- ½ t salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 t vanilla
- ½ cup blackberries
- 1 peach, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt together. There should still be small beads of butter remaining. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Combine the egg, cream and vanilla.
- Slowly pour the wet mixture into the dry. Be careful not to over-stir because you want the small beads of butter to remain intact. The mixture may seem to dry.
- Add the fruit and stir again. Form the dough into a ball with your hands and lay it out on a non-stick surface or a floured cutting board.
- Mold the dough into a disc. Cut into 8 pieces and lay out on a floured baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until the tops turn golden but not brown. Enjoy!