Pumpkin Mac & Cheese
- 5 cups dry Pasta, cooked
- 4 T butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ t salt
- 1 t dry mustard
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- ½ t pepper
- ½ c bread crumbs
- ½ c grated parmesan
- Prepare pasta “al dente” according to package directions
- Combine topping ingredients. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until well incorporated.
- Slowly add milk to the flour mixture. Keep whisking until the mixture comes to a soft boil.
- Reduce to the heat to low and add the spices and cheese. Mix well. Add the pumpkin. Mix again. At this point, the sauce should be thickening.
- Add the cooked pasta. Pour the mixture into a baking dish. Sprinkle ¼ cup of topping over the mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the topping turns golden brown. Enjoy!