- ½ lb turkey
- ½ lb pork
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 t salt
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ c packed fresh basil, chopped and divided.
- ½ c mozzarella cheese
- Tomato sauce, 1 jar
- Pasta to serve (cooked according to package directions)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine turkey, pork, breadcrumbs, seasonings, milk, garlic, shallots, parmesan cheese and ¼ c basil. Mix well.
- Using ¼ measuring cup, roll mixture into round balls.
- Preheat an oven-safe pan to medium high heat with 1 T olive oil. Add the meatballs to the pan and allow them to turn golden brown before flipping. 1-2 minutes.
- Top the meatballs with sauce, mozzarella cheese and remaining basil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve over pasta or the grain of your liking.