Red, White and Blue Sugar Cookies
- ¾ cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- Red food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix butter and sugar until creamy. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth
- Divide mixture into three bowls
- Add a small amount of red food coloring to one bowl and blue food coloring to the second bowl. Mix and add more food coloring as necessary, until you reach your desired shades of color. Set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients and mix. Evenly divide the mixture into the three bowls. Mix each bowl well.
- Empty each dough onto a lightly floured, clean surface. Roll each mixture into a long line. Connect each line to make a triangle. Roll with your hands until the triangle turns into one circular line.
- Cut the dough into slices about ¼ inch thick.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.