Veggie fritters with chipotle aioli (v, gluten free)
- 1 cup Corn
- 1 zucchini, shredded and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 summer squash, shredded and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup Chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil + more as needed
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1 large chipotle in adobo or two small
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Combine zucchini, onion, squash, spices, parsley, cilantro and egg. Stir well to combine. Slowly add in chickpea flour. You may not need it all if there is not a lot of moisture in your vegetables. Add corn and combine. Set aside.
- Add mayo, chipotle in adobo, cilantro and lime juice in a food processor. Pulse to mix. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat a pan over medium heat. Add coconut oil and drop the fritter batter into oil, ¼ cup at a time. When the bottoms are golden, flip fritters and allow to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with the chipotle aioli. Enjoy!